Questions to Consider When Planning a Quinceanera
When should I speak to a Dance Teacher or Choreographer about my Quinceanera? We recommend initiating your song selection and scheduling with a Choreographer 3-5 months prior to the Quince.
How many people should I include in my Court? Our recommendation is to have no more than four couples (in addition to the Quinceanera and her Chambelan) due to the need for extra space when taking part in a partner dance.
Who should decide what music is used in my Quince? Due to the fact that this is a once in a lifetime event for both Quinceanera and her parents, we strongly suggest that both the parents and the Quinceanera take part the selection of music and style of dance. Your Dance Choreographer should also be available to assist in giving information concerning the styles of dance that go with each form of music (i.e. salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia, cha cha cha, etc.).
How long does it take to learn a new choreography? Each individual has their own learning curve when taking dance lessons, and the most important factor in retaining new material is the amount of time spent rehearsing. The number of people involved in the dance can also help determine how long it takes to get through the dance material (with larger numbers of dancers, more time is required). On average, it is preferable to plan for at least five (5) One-hour sessions in-class with your choreographer. Practice time will require an additional ten (10) hours without the choreographer present.
Questions for the Quinceanera & her family to consider:
1. Which of the following do you want to take place in your Quince?
a. Presentation – Entrance of the Court
b. Dance of Quinceanera + Escort
c. Father-Daughter Dance
d. Dance of Quinceanera + Court
e. Separate performance by a Dance Choreographer/Group
2. How many people do I want to participate in the dances and/or in my Court?
3. How much space does the venue I have chosen allow for dancing? (a minimum of five  square feet per couple is recommended)
4. Will the girls be wearing heels? (If so, practicing the choreography with heels is helpful)
5. Will any of the girls be wearing a close-fitting dress? (if so, please advise the choreographer in advance)
For more information contact us at 281.777.2970